Pages

Monday, August 3, 2020

Day Two of DFI down!


  • This week I wish to acknowledge the support of by peers and facilitator friends who helped me be the learning kind.

  • Ako means learn: that was the kopu of the week being focused on to help gain understanding of Maniakalani kaupapa.
There was a lot covered but one tool that may aid my workflow in a collaborative work space is the 'Keep tool'. It seems a simple means of communication and provides simple check in points without the team having to be physically in the same space.

I had a timely reminder on how to 'bookmark and pin'. The current students in my class are very got at this and with two new ones entering this week I should be able to demonstrate creating a bookmark by pushing the star.

To help improve my capability and test my confidence I did my first ever recording of a google meet presentation with a kind participant Rosey.
You will note that there is an audio issue and I'm not sure why because I was in an office by myself.
It was a relief to complete it.


Would I be confident to take charge to do it again.... no, but I now know more than before.


1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Tania,
    Ka pai to mahi! You have reflected honestly on your second day of DFI and connected with some tools and tricks that will be beneficial to your practice in the classroom. Which ones have you put into effect this week? You have all the qualities you need to accomplish the task of putting new learning into place, especially being the learning kind. I know that this is an important value at your school and it's wonderful to see you embracing it within the wonderful opportunity of our online DFI as well. I enjoyed hearing your discussion with Rosey about the word train and think you did very well to continue to maintain the flow of the Meet and recording despite the feedback noise you were getting. I also enjoyed the way you reflected deeply on the actual comments this child was receiving, both the positive, and the questions you had around how they could be improved so that they would be of benefit to his learning. Well done on completing this reflection with such dedication. It sounds as though you feel some more practice on Meet and recordings would be beneficial? What opportunities do you see for attempting this again in a different context?
    I look forward to seeing you again at our Digital Fluency Intensive this Friday, Tania, and continuing to see your growth. This attitude of being the learning kind will certainly enhance the value of this programme for you.
    Have a wonderful week,
    Amie

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about