Pages

Friday, August 7, 2020

Day Three - Already


Hanga - make or in today's learning context - create with the intention of hooking learners in.

Why would you bother because...
'Creative skills help learners become better problem solvers, communicators and collaborators'A quote from Apple who know what's good business and in this case good for society.


Media holds a world of opportunities and pit falls. It is encouraging to see the creativity and passion the contributors across the mediums have. Learners love Youtube but it is not one I have myself and so it was interesting to see how to create a channel and set smart setting so to be digitally safe.

SiSoMo, Drop n Drag, Pick a Path are all ways of getting creative with slides that may help learners make connections with curriculum content. It was good to be reminded what I know and have the time to play.

Though my students work using google drawings; I have been guilty of having them teach each other how to use this tool. I know a task can be achieved using the tool but I didn't know how to use Google draw myself. The great news is students are good at teaching each other. Today I finally got to play with google drawings and this is my picture.


2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Tania,
    What a wonderful job you did with your Google Drawing! I really like the gradient you've chosen and the way all your colours fit together - and especially your wonderful smiley photo! It's great to hear you're feeling more comfortable with Google Drawing and hopefully you'll now feel you have something extra to teach your learners as well? Isn't it interesting how much even we as adult learners learn, when we are engaged in creating. Our day was certainly all about that today! Next, you might want to add your About Me profile to an image gadget in the sidebar of your blog. Let me know if you can find it within the layout section, add it and upload a photo. Have a wonderful week and I look forward to hearing all about what you put into practice back in the classroom!
    Nga mihi,
    Amie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amie,
      Thank you for your thoughtful comment. I am interested in learning or discovering more about that colour matching app you mentioned.

      Delete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about