Pages

Friday, July 24, 2020

Yes - Day one of DFI done!

.
Maniakalani has had a decade of helping educators continue the pedagogy of learn, create ,share but move it into using the tools of the 21st century.

The information received today that would improve my workflow as a professional; having clear expectations regarding file names, shared understanding about underlining and the preferred way of pasting not only makes workflow easier for me, but helps the next teacher that the student will have also. Much like the expectations of setting out traditional work books did.

The useful tip I may use in my classroom from this week's lesson maybe getting the students to discover the
appropriate  use of 'heading' integrated into persuasive writing.

Was anything covered today transferable to my personal life? If I do go back to being a tertiary
student the voice typing and referencing tools would make essay writing easier.

The poster was created using a table in google docs. Rather than using Insert pictures, the images
came from explore. I found if frustrating finding how to hide the table lines when working independently.

3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Tania,
    How wonderful to hear that you connected with so much of the content from day one of our Digital Fluency Intensive online and have found concrete applications and thoughtful ways to apply your own learning in tangible ways that will be so useful in the classroom. I can see that your learners are going to benefit from the added knowledge you are gaining as well - both now and into the future as they navigate this increasingly digital world. I particularly enjoyed your reference to Learn, Create, Share, which is of course, Manaiakalani's strong kaupapa, with the Share aspect being able to have a much wider and authentic approach with the use of digital technology. I enjoyed your questions throughout our day in our small digital bubble and am excited about continuing the next eight weeks together online as well. Did you manage to get the document table hidden? If not, let's do that together.
    Well done on the great start to the journey,
    Amie Williams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Tania,

    It was great learning about how to use google docs better to enhance our work flow. I also learned about not underlining the heading when using a google docs. How did it go for you teaching this in the classroom? I would love to see the post you made on google docs.

    Rosey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosey, it is encouraging to see we are learning together. The small image in the corner was created in google docs and by inserting a table. The challenge for me as to remember how to to get the grid lines the same colour as the background.
      Next step - will I remember how I did it in 3mths time when I will need to do it again?

      Delete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about