Pages

Friday, September 18, 2020

Day Nine: Final Day of DFI!!

It is finished.... or is it just starting. In the light of Covid19 I was proud of the limited site that I had created during the first lockdown. Yes, it was obviously created by a rookie but it did the job it was intended to.

Now that I have completed the DFI programme, the site has had an upgrade. My students have it book marked and what is on the site is being updated. Both the students and I are better equipped for teaching and learning if and when the next lockdown occurs. 

The ideal of ubiquitous is not and probably will not be accomplished anytime in the immediate future for many in my class. Anytime, anywhere, any pace from anyone... requires students to have a device and the internet readily and freely available. Also it needs 'parentals' to buy into it. I have a student whose parents believe  'he is addicted to the screen' and so do not what him using a device. So moving forward into this 'new era of schooling', I regret there are just somethings I can't change and have to refer onto management.

However, DFI has made it possible to do regular reflection on my own digital fluency, enabled me to use new teaching tools with my students and experience exam taking this century.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about